Happy New Year!!
This is my second attempt at starting a blog -- I'm not exactly sure where this blog will lead me, or really what I will post about on a regular basis. I have several New Year's Resolutions this year, and I figured this would be a great way to put them on paper (err, the internet, which is the new way of paper). Using the blog to document my New Years Resolutions will not only allow me to document my progress, but also hold me responsible for the resolutions themselves.
That being said, here are my 2012 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Get down to my goal weight of 120 lbs. (Everyone's resolutions include weight loss, right?!) I plan to lose weight by walking on the treadmill for a half hour each morning, working out with the Jillian Michael's Wii Game every day and eating better.
2. Finish our house. We began building back in 2008 and moved in our home in September 2009. We moved in with no counter tops, no bathrooms, and barely any furniture. We definitely weren't ready to move into the house just yet, but we were thrown into the move. Although we have came a long way in two years (we don't have to go outside to relieve ourselves), there is a lot of work to be done. We have a few major projects (master bathroom, garage, downstairs living room), but most rooms require minor changes and tweaks that we just haven't had the time to get around to doing. My plan is to do two rooms a month (one every two weeks) and finish every tiny little thing in the room that needs to be done.
3. Pay off all debt. We got married, built a house, took a vacation, bought two vehicles and started a family all within a year. Needless to say, our funds were exhausted. We have lived the past two years paying minimum payments on our debts. Not this year!! I plan to not only pay off all of our credit cards, but I have also opening a Christmas Club and a Vacation Club to help save our money. We will also contribute to our savings, as well as our children's, on a bi-weekly basis.
4. Be a better memory keeper. Don't get me wrong, I take a ton of pictures. When the camera is in my hand, I rarely stop clicking. I have plenty of pictures of holidays, birthdays and outings. What I have a problem doing is taking photos of our every day life. My solution is to follow the "365 Photo" Challenge and take a picture a day. (I'm hoping to post this photo at the end of each blog!). I am also keeping a daily record of our lives and what we accomplish -- how you ask?? This blog, of course!! I will use the blog to update on my family, my home, my goals and my accomplishments. (I promise not to bore you!)
5. Become a minimalist. (Minimalist: adj: Being or providing a bare minimum of what is necessary.) I am going to spend the year living on the motto "Less is More." I've decided that if I had less clothes, I'd wear them more. If I had less clutter, I'd have more time. If I have less on my to do list, I'd have more free time. This is going to be hard for me, since I am a huge over-achiever. I feel I need everything and I feel I need to do everything. Not anymore. 2012 is the year to choose what is most important to me and to do those things and do them well.
So, what are your New Year's Resolutions? Are you changing into a whole new you or just some minor tweaks?? Whatever they may be - I wish you the best of luck in conquering 2012!