Here is an overview of the room as you are standing in the doorway.
Here is a view standing in the back corner, by the window. This is a great view of the "dress up station."
This is a view of the right wall, which includes where the TV will go, the art station and future location of a chalkboard or dry erase board.
Here is a view of the closet wall. Still a lot of work to go in organizing those toys!
Here is our running to do list of the toy room:
- Put the kids names in white vinyl on their art chairs.
- Make a hanging line for the kids to show off their artwork.
- Install a chalkboard or whiteboard for them to draw on.
- Make a "Playroom Rules" sign.
- Make a "Do Not Feed Animals" Sign for stuffed animals.
- Install a TV/DVD player and move the PS2 down.
- Organize their DVD's, PS & DS games.
- Buy a toybox to store the larger cars and tractors. (This will go in between the two cubed shelves).
- Labels, Labels, Labels -- all the bins and baskets will get a black vinyl label.
- Buy new gumballs for the gumball machine.
- Finish trimming out the window, hang a blind and yellow curtains.
- Finish with all the floor trim, closet trim and chair-rail.
- Fix the drawer on the train table. (Hubby installed it wrong and hasn't fixed it in the two years we've had it!)